Everyone should play their part in protecting the environment and help with the climate emergency. North London Waste Authority has been playing their part for 50 years, and they have big plans to continue to do so.
By using rubbish that can’t be recycled to generate electricity is something that they have been doing at their EcoPark. EcoPark has used 21 million tonnes of waste and has served north London extremely well, and with the planned updating of the facility they will be able to continue to do so.
The EcoPark will:
- Generate electricity for more than 127,000 homes
- Supply hot water and heating for up to at least 50,000 local homes and businesses. This means no gas boilers.
- Improve local air quality by using the most advanced technology to capture emissions
- Save as much carbon as taking 110,000 cars off the road each year
- Contribute to achieving 50% household recycling rates
The new EcoPark will provide the very best facilities to treat north London’s rubbish, whilst also helping to clean up air quality. And, they’re constantly looking for pioneering ways to make the EcoPark greener. That’s why they are accelerating their plan to fit Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) technology. We’re building the Energy Recovery Facility ready for adaptation to CCS as soon as the technology is available in north London. This will strengthen their efforts to tackle the climate emergency and support the UK’s overall effort to achieve Net Zero.
The Edmonton EcoPark is something that everyone should understand and support.
Read More on Primrose Hill Open