Camden Town Station is one of the most important connection points on the Northern Line. But where did it all begin?
The area located towards the north west of London was built in 1791, and was once upon a time a manor that belonged to St Paul’s Cathedral. The manor was obtained through marriage by Charles Pratt, the Earl of Camden, of Camden Place in Kent, in 1795. The Earl allowed his land to be leased for building houses, and over time Camden Town came into being.
The name Camden Road was considered before the opening of the station, but on 22nd June 1907 it opened as Camden Town. The new and improved tunnels opened in 1924.
Read more about the Top Ten Things to Do In Camden Town