Camden Market has been selected as one of the 7 Urban Wonders of the world in a poll conducted by Hilton Hotels who teamed up with LikeWhere using influencers and travellers worldwide.
The research considered local cuisine, heritage, architecture, culture, and diversity.
The Seven Wonders are:
- Louvre, Abu Dhabi – Since opening in 2017, the Louvre, Abu Dhabi has instantly become one of the best art galleries in the world, featuring impressive installations, including Animals, Between Real and Imaginary and Japanese Connections: The Birth of Moden Décor.
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney – The iconic Sydney Opera House scored high among travellers, not only for its cultural contribution to the city, but also its position as a very Instagrammable viewpoint, looking out to Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo – With food and flea markets scoring high on travel preferences, this mega fish market fits the bill for modern travellers. With major changes due to take place in October 2018, including relocation to a new site nearby, this is a wonder set to evolve.
- Camden Market, London – Another one of the world’s most prominent food and flea markets, Camden Market has always had a rebellious and exciting persona, appealing to younger travellers throughout the decades.
- The Bund, Shanghai – As one of the city’s most historic features, this mile-long stretch of waterfront features 52 historical structures known locally as the ‘museum of buildings’.
- Temple Street Night Markets, Hong Kong – The markets are one of the city’s most vibrant meeting points, showcasing cultures, foods and craft goods; a winning combination among modern travellers surveyed.
- Albertina, Vienna – With history and art galleries continuing to be a major draw when on holiday, Albertina is one of the world’s finest examples. Set in a former Habsburg palace, but with modern, striking extensions, the building is also one of Vienna’s most photographed, with more than 70,000 posts on Instagram.
The survey included over 2000 18 – 35 year olds. Read the full Hilton article here.
If you haven’t visited Camden Market before, now you have even more reason to do so!
Read More on A New Brew from Camden Town Brewery