Treat yourself to an exclusive product or experience during Camden Giving Week and benefit local charities.
21-27 May 2018 Camden businesses and Camden Giving will host the first annual Camden Giving Week, 7 days of activities and exclusive products for people who live, work and play in Camden to help overcome local isolation. Anyone can take part by purchasing a coffee, crepe, pizza, cocktail, beer and more at participating cafes and bars in Camden.
Camden Giving Week is organised by local charity, Camden Giving, which aims to connect Camden to overcome local inequality. Camden Giving and the local businesses taking part hope to raise £20,000 in one week for projects that bring together neighbours.
One of these projects is North London Cares, a network of social club for older and younger neighbours that includes anything from ‘Dessert Island Disc’ Parties to photography sessions. Another project empowers young people to lead their own community activities by giving them mentoring and training, this all takes place within a community garden in Kings Cross run by Global Generation.
Some of the businesses taking part are:
- Camden Coffee Co., donating 10% of coffee sales to the fund 21-27 May.
- Camden Tea-Shirt, launching a ‘Camden Giving Tea’.
- Crepes A La Carte, donating 10% of lemon and sugar crepe sales to the fund 21-27 May.
- Lockside Camden, creating a ‘Camden Giving Cocktail’, with all profits donated to the fund 21-27 May and hosting a pub quiz on 23rd
- Pizzeria Di Camden, creating a ‘Camden Giving Pizza’ and donating £1 from each pizza to the fund 21-27 May.
- The Flour Station, customers can donate to Camden Giving by buying selected products at shops across London (Camden Market, Borough, Queens Park, Kings Cross, Parliament Hill and Wimbledon)
- Zone Marketing Agency have designed a re-usable coffee cup that will be on sale at businesses across Camden
- Camden Market, visit the Camden Giving stall during 21-26 May and buy Camden eco-products with 100% of sales going to the fund.
- Camden Brewery, have donated a £100 bar tab to the winner of the Camden Giving Pub Quiz on the 23rd May.
Read More on Classic Album Covers Photographed in Camden Town